Thursday, April 17, 2014

Legally lawfully happily divorced

So I've been official divorced for awhile now.
Yes it's only a piece of paper but it makes a world of difference. When it arrived in the mail I stares at it then I called the court house and spoke to a clerk. I asked them to confirm it was indeed a divorce. She congratulated me and told me celebrate. Apparently everyone knows my ex and agrees he should do the world a favor and not be in anyone's lives in any form.

I've been happily legally changing my name and removing what was left of the stain he had left on me. My children are thriving when with me. But it's another story he. They are at their dads. Homework is usually failing grades, half the time he won't send them to school, they come home sick/misbehaving/ and more. It kills me that nothing can be done. I've been offered money to go back to court and terminate his rights/visitation. But I'm struggling with how to best do this. It's a fine line to walk when it comes to my kids. He is their biological father and they love him. But they also would be 100% better off to not have a psychotic bipolar compulsive lying abusive deadbeat on their lives.

As for me I am doing well. Happy and in love. Living and growing. Dreaming and building a new life. It's pretty damn good feeling to be free of an abusive marriage.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Just a thought... just because he's the one that physically planted the seed, doesn't mean that he qualifies to be their father, their dad. Not to say remove him completely but since it's affecting the kids to the point that their schoolwork suffers, their behaviors change - that's a cry for help. Please reconsider having them moved out of that toxic environment. You're their best advocate, their only advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am trying to get visitation changed up and if he has any contact make it supervised. Its hard though. Money for a good lawyer is not easy to come by and his family happily gives him $. Ive met with lawyers recently and trying to figure out a way to use everything that's happened with the kids/I from him this parent year and use all the accusations made about his criminal behavior against him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad to hear that your divorce has done you so much good. Now that you already free from that abusive marriage, you can now start anew. I admire your braveness in facing all the struggles on your life. Your children are lucky to have you as their mother. Thanks for sharing that! I hope that the predicament about your children's custody will be dealt with soon, accordingly. All the best!

    Sandra Walker @ Eric Risk

    ReplyDelete